How to Wash Your Dogby on 03-02-2011 in Dog Wash
How to Wash Your Dog
A dog wash can be a fun experience shared by you and your best friend. There are a couple of important points to remember.
- Don't forget you might get wet so put on some old clothing or your pool clothes.
- Give your dog's coat a brush down. At the same time look for any ticks or health problems. Your dog will love this.
- Wet your dog down using your hose or a bucket before starting the dog wash.
- Apply dog shampoo to his coat. See your VET or pet store for advice on preventing skin irritation
- Rub your dog down and massage his fur. Get him nice and clean. Don't forget to wash in the creases
- Be careful around the head and face area. To wash his face, gently wet his head then add small amounts of shampoo. Consider using baby shampoo to prevent irritatation. Take your time in this area. Using warm water can help. Wash these areas thorougly but be careful not to get soap in the dog's eyes, mouth, nose or ears.
- Once youv'e rubbed down your pet then rinse him off. Be careful when washing the shampoo from his face.
- Rub your dog dry using a towl. Don't forget to dry inside his ears. Dogs love shaking water off their bodies after a good dog wash so be prepared for this. You can even use a hair dryer to help dry them off. - Brush your dog to help keep his coat healthy and shiny
If you don't have the time then consider using a mobile dog wash service who can come to your house and ensure your dog looks and smells clean.